Today, the food delivery app market is booming drastically. It has a high margin of profit, new objectives, catchy marketing, etc. In 2021, Gorillas, Gopuff, and Getir saw their revenue tripling to $220 million, $1 billion, and $1 billion, respectively.
Users choose convenience at a fair price over everything else. Everyday repetitive cooking, no matter how wonderful a chef you are, is not your forte.
Overview: Statistics and Trends in Food Delivery and Online Ordering
- Almost 112 million Americans have used a food delivery service.
- The online food delivery sector is worth around $26.5 billion.
- Online food delivery services are expected to be a $32 billion business by 2024.
- At least once a week, 60% of American customers order takeout or delivery
- Third-party food delivery services are used by 33% of American customers at least twice a week.
- Online ordering is rising at a rate that is 200% faster than in-store eating.
- 70% of people would rather order from a restaurant directly than through a third-party service.
- Takeout or delivery accounts for 59% of millennial restaurant orders.
- On average, consumers who buy pizza online spend 18% more than those who purchase over the phone.
- 35% of customers said they would pay more for faster delivery.
- According to 45% of customers, mobile ordering or reward programs would motivate them to utilize online ordering services more frequently.
- If provided, 41% of consumers said they would buy a make-at-home food kit from their favorite restaurant.
- 60% of restaurant owners report that offering delivery has resulted in increased sales.
- Using a third-party delivery service increases restaurant sales volume by 10% to 20%.
- Third-party applications, according to 43% of restaurant workers, interfere with their direct interaction with their consumers.
- Consumers who place an online order with a restaurant are 75% more likely to return than those who do not.
Why is a food delivery app important?
You might be asking how to start a zomato food delivery app development service. To expand your business, you will need to design a mobile application in addition to an online food delivery business concept. But why create a mobile app before launching a zomato food delivery app development service? Here are the top six reasons to do so:
- The ordering procedure is simple.
- Gaining new consumers.
- More business potential
- Maintain a competitive advantage.
- Wider reach.
- Improved client data.
How is Zomato different from other food-ordering apps?
Zomato is a well-known international online food search and delivery service. Zomato was launched in 2008 and now operates in 23 countries, covering over a million restaurants in over 10,000 locations. Several restaurateurs are being inspired to enter the food ordering and delivery sector.
On-demand zomato food delivery app development and third-party platforms such as Swiggy, Doordash, Grubhub, Seamless, Postmates, or UberEats are also available in the market.
Zomato app coding: Kotlin is a programming language that Zomato uses to develop faster, safer code.
How do I create an app like Zomato?
If you've ever wondered how to create a zomato like app development, you've come to the right post! Zomato is a famous online food delivery app that lets you find restaurants and food alternatives in your area.
There are various factors to consider while developing your own zomato like app development. The first step is to find a professional app development company or team to assist you in designing and developing your app. After your mobile app is fully functional, you can start promoting it to potential customers and establishing an audience.
The following are some key factors to consider while developing an app like Zomato:
Creating a fantastic user experience
While developing a zomato like app development, you should prioritize the whole user experience, which includes navigation, simplicity of use, and personalization choices.
Creating a strong connection with social media networks
To be successful, you must link your app with other social networks, such as Facebook and Twitter. This will allow you to reach a wider audience and increase traffic to your app.
Create app like zomato features that differentiate your app from the competition.
To attract customers and stand out in the extremely competitive market of mobile applications, you must provide unique features that are not present in other apps.
Developing a successful app marketing plan
Once your online food delivery app is ready to go live, the next step is to create app like zomato with a complete marketing plan to attract and engage customers in your target area. You can create a strong social media presence and partner with influencers to spread the word about your app, which will be very beneficial.
The business model of the Zomato like app development
The Zomato app is divided into three sections: the admin, the user, and the delivery personnel. As a result, many restaurants can use its online delivery services. This food delivery app may also be used to discover restaurants.
Zomato charges restaurateurs a fee to list their businesses on the platform.
The basic functioning and features of the Zomato clone app development are that it is available in three app variations: the admin, the user, and the delivery person.
- Admin Log-in
- Restaurant Management
- Application Management
- Order Management
- Technical Payment
- Payment Management
- It lets you review basic restaurant information such as scanned menus, restaurant photos, location, phone number, user reviews, and ratings.
- The simple search option allows you to find nearby cafés, bars, cuisine, and more.
- The table booking option is simple to use. In addition, the user may check the availability of tables in real time before making a reservation.
- Payment choices include credit card, debit card, Paytm, Google Pay, and Paypal, among others.
- Customers may view their order and reservation histories.
- Share restaurant and cuisine evaluations with their friends and family.
- Availability 24/7.
- Food orders can be placed online in advance.
- Sign-up is simple, and individuals may sign up using their accounts on social media. Users may connect and recommend their favorite food using their social media usernames.
- Users can contact the restaurant/driver to provide extra instructions for their order.
- Users may follow the driver and the status of their order using the track driver tool.
- The application lets users establish accounts by connecting their social media usernames. Users may connect, follow, and suggest cuisines, recipes, restaurants, and so on.
- Users can receive push notifications regarding their orders thanks to the push notification feature.
- Trip information
- Route optimization
- Contact user/restaurant
- Start and end trip
Important features to build a Zomato like app development
1. Admin Module
Live Tracking and Monitoring
The owners have the ability to follow and monitor the delivery person as well as the complete delivery fleet across the entire network. As the company grows, so will the amount of features and development required.
Based on statistics and data, analyses are modified to fit business requirements. There are several analytical procedures that may be conducted to assist you in organizing your business.
The admin dashboard will provide the app with a variety of business-related features. Route management, driver and delivery data, restaurant profiles, marketing, and campaigns are a few examples.
2. User Module
This feature allows users to search for restaurants, cities, food products, and so on. The results are presented on the screen, and the user can select one of them.
This becomes one of the most important features. If the user needs to confirm an order or receive a late delivery; they should contact the restaurant and the delivery person.
Social Media Integration
Instead of having trouble signing, people are eager to use their social media profiles to access the program. Users may update app permissions and preferences at any moment using the UI.
Different Modes of Payment
The app must accept a variety of payment methods, such as cash, cards, mobile banking, and UPI.
Alerts and Notifications
Alerts and notifications can be sent by email, SMS, or in-app notifications. Many cases, such as order status, delivery rating, restaurant rating, ordering experience or app, and receiving the most recent offers, may be covered.
Real-Time Order Tracking
The user must have access to real-time animation of their order on their digital devices. Keeping the user engaged with the app while it is being delivered keeps the user interested with the app. At the same time, it maintains anticipation and prevents the waiting depression.
Users may get information regarding their vouchers or rewards. You may also provide information regarding premium benefits here.
A navigation feature is necessary to be aware of the real-time tracking of orders and restaurant locations. Other location-related functions are also performed with it.
Trip Logs and Details
The admin reviews trip logs and information to estimate performance based on several KPIs in order to confirm deliveries and count work hours.
This function allows the delivery person to select the best possible delivery route.
This module allows delivery personnel to enter information about the start and finish times of deliveries. When the vehicle is used for normal or personal travel, it is distinct from order-related travel.
Extraordinary Features of Zomato like App Development
Table booking:- It allows customers to reserve a table of their choice in advance. This reduces the waiting period.
Exploring food places nearby:- Visitors may explore local restaurants and check venue photos as well as the location.
Zomato Gold:- Members of this subscription model receive special discounts on food and drinks.
How much does it cost to build app like Zomato?
Recognizing the various costs involved in developing an app like Zomato is difficult. Moreover, certifications, compliances, payment gateway integration, and other charges contribute to the overall zomato app development cost of the business.
A zomato clone script allows you to register, add restaurants search, read reviews, and do other things.
Startups may start their own on-demand food delivery app similar to Zomato or Swiggy by using a cutting-edge food delivery solution like the zomato clone app with source code.
Cost of app development
- The number of features
- App Design
- The project’s complexity
- Operating system
- Development Approach
- Required technologies.
- Team structure
- Maintenance and support costs.
Calculating the overall zomato app development cost requires taking into account the number of experts, which may differ based on the type of application, features, and project complexity.
Hourly rates for developers in the regions
- US Developer: $100-$200 an hour
- Eastern Europe Developer: $80-$180 an hour
- Asia-Pacific Developer: $25-$50 an hour
How do you hire a professional zomato app developer to build app like Zomato?
- Create a list of your requirements.
- Use reliable sources to find zomato app developer.
- Hire an expert development team to design a remarkable app for you.
You will need the following like zomato app developer to create app like zomato for a basic version:
- A UI and UX designer
- 2-4 Developers
- Testing engineer
- Backend Developer
- Project Manager
You will need the following like zomato app developer to create an app like zomato with several features:
- Project Manager
- UI/UX designer
- 2-4 developers
- Testing Engineer
- Backend developers
- Admin panel developer
Team like zomato app developer you will need to create an advanced version of the app.
- Manager/Project Manager
- 2 UI/UX designer
- 3-5 developers
- Testing Engineer
- 3-4 backend developers
- Admin panel developer
So, that's how to make app like Zomato. This post has covered all of the necessary steps for launching a successful food delivery app. Contact Shiv Technolabs if you want expert assistance. We are a top mobile app development business that has assisted many clients all around the globe by offering them with the best digital solution possible.
What is the cost of developing a zomato like app development?
The zomato app development cost is based on an array of factors such as the type of functionality, development platform, developer location, and so on. Yet, zomato like app development may cost between $18,000 and $25,000.
What is the cost of developing a food delivery app?
The overall cost of creating an app is affected by a variety of factors, including the features you intend to include and the resources necessary to turn your app concept into a reality. It should cost between $300,000 and $400,000 to develop a high-performing food delivery app.
Do delivery apps make profit?
Delivery apps make revenue by charging restaurants a charge for each order placed through the app. The normal commission is 30%. Customers are also charged a lower service cost by the applications.
What food app makes the most money?
Grubhub now has more than 300,000 restaurants in 4,000 locations in its food delivery business. Its two main services are food delivery and pickup, same as its competitors.
What is the most popular food delivery app?
- Toast TakeOut.
- Uber Eats.
- Grub Hub.